Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Record eating Burgers

Reading the news of a Wisconsin man who recently reached a record of eating 25,000 burgers in 39 years, reminded me of the addiction I had with those things. Fortunately I don´t eat anymore in fast-foods but there was a time (it was a about the year 2005) that I would have burgers from McDonald´s as breakfast and as lunch, then at dinner I would eat something else.

My menu consisted of two McDouble, small french fries, and a bottle of water in the morning. (I remember they raised the price of the McDouble from 99¢ to $1.25, I don´t know how much it costs now.) Then in the afternoon as lunch I would have three McDoubles, small french fries and a bottle of water. As I mentioned previously, at night I would have any other regular food - not from fast-foods. This would go for about four months straight. In that time I noticed two things: I became fat, in fact during that time I weighted the most I have ever weight in my life. Second, something very strange, I would get angry if I didn´t had my meal. I´m not kidding. My mood changed and I would get mad at people for no reason. When I realized these things I decided to stop eating at fast-foods "restaurants" and I´m glad I did.

Link to the original news is here.
this is the guy that ate all the burgers!

21 comments:

  1. You should have kept going, you could beat his record eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He averaged about 2 a day, I'm lucky if I get one a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell no, I have one day a week where I eat shitty food; burgers/pizza/fried chicken.

    Normally I eat meat and veg, simple and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! i see it today at the news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suck at math so I would probably just loose the count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fast food "restaurants" indeed my friend.This "restaurants" are the main factor for the child obesity around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's more ridiculous, the guy that ate that many burgers, or that someone recorded all the burgers he ate over the course of 39 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...it's amazing how he's thin and has low cholesterol - maybe the health industry is full of rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too had an adiction to fast food, it almost killed me...thankfully I am alive and over it.

    cheers friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that the guy who was in the movie Super Size Me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this guy before. I think he proposed to his wife in a McD's or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i only eat at fast food places once a week or so; anymore and i feel bloated...

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah i remember seeing him in super size me

    i don't know how he's still alive @_@ lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't see the problem in eating a patty with a bun and some lettuce, the problem are the fries and the coke, fast food is not so bad if you take it easy.

    You can visit my blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At some point I just didn't care for hamburgers really. before that I loved them. I don't know why, they are tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks so healthy, i want everything he has!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I eat fast food about as much as I eat home cooked meals. I wish I had more home cooked though, lol. It just tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember that time too, it really got some weight on me. Stopped and began drinking water, thank me for that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's pretty sick... I'm sorry for the guy actually... his health and stuff =(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't find the burgers satisfiyng enough and will often take two at a time

    ReplyDelete
  21. even superman should die after that many hamburgers. that man is my hero.

    ReplyDelete