Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Favorite Paintings.

A couple of weeks ago a blogged about two of my favorite classical paintings, one from Boticelli and the other from Caravaggio. The link to the post is here - "Lovin Boticelli & Caravaggio". Recently I made a piece to hang on my wall.  I edited several copies of the paintings with PhotoShop giving them different effects like hue-saturation, black and white and zooming different parts like the faces. Then I print them out and paste it onto some cardboard paper. My idea was to give the sense of the painting being de-constructed or "dissected". What do you think about my idea?



23 comments:

  1. My all time fav is Ingres !! check him

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep paintings are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you've done with them....cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I feel about this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting concept, but i'm not sure about the layout.

    that's just my opinion, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it looks pretty sharp in addition to looking very edgy. My favorite painter will always be Vincent van Gogh because he always puts so much of himself into every piece that he made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea. It feels like you are getting more out of just one painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the one which is in the screen

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a true artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only painting I've ever liked is "Starry Night." I hate paintings. No reason. Just don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creative idea. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think deconstructing people is a bit weird, I like the idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice idea alright - I'd like to see an overt reference to the fact they are printed from digital medium - digitally manipulated etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks kinda disorganized, but thats ok if its your style

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is really cool. I think I would organize them in more of a grid, but that is just personal preference. it's an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete