Thursday, March 31, 2011

Past Imperfect - Perfect Present

Hard to believe; a kid found a message in a bottle almost 25 years after another kid threw it in the Baltic Sea.

A 13 years old kid from Russia was enjoying a walk in the beach when he spotted something in the sand that caught his attention. Tadaaaaa!
You got the Message in a Bottle!

He read the letter inside the bottle but it was written in German so he gave it to his father who understands a little bit of German.

The message read something like this:
"My name is Frank and I have 5 years. My dad and I are travelling in a boat on our way to Denmark. If you find this letter, please write me back, and I will answer you."

The letter was dated in the year 1987 and it has the address of the kid in M√ľnich, Germany. The kid that send the bottle message currently is 29 years old and his parents still live at the address provided in the letter. He was astonishningly suprised when he received the news. He even said he had already forgotten he threw that bottle in the sea decades ago.

Next time I visit the beach I´m going to throw a message in a bottle... with my Twitter, Facebook and email address.

http://anax123.blogspot.com/

34 comments:

  1. The picture totally made me crackup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brb throwing bottled messages into the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a good idea... Put a message in a bottle that says 'Read my blog!' Of course, in a decade, Twitter, Facebook, and blogging will all be dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to do this. I think I will. Let's do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty neat story as once i have done the same i just draw a heart maybe one day it give a person hope to keep on living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss zelda. i'm gonna get an emulator & play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one incredible story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome!

    by the time they find my bottle, twitter will be so 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pretty dang cool, I hope that they are friends now. I change e-mail addresses so much, I don't think a bottle message with my digital information would be very useful. But I bet Facebook will be around 50 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a real life adventure hook, right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great story, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! I always thought those bottles would break against cliffs or something... Maybe they don't all do that

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great I'll be waiting for your bottle by the shore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I read that on a news site. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! That is freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @jay by the time they find my bottles, bottles will be so 10AD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Might as well just put down your name surname and address rather than FB

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...
    but don't throw plastic bottles in the sea !

    ReplyDelete
  19. That bottle must have been through an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I kinda want to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maby I shall do it too. :) Did it preatty often for some years ago. I used to write lots of bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another interesting read! Great blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol good idea, I might do the same. A message in a bottle, just for fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. lol I love how you just throw a zelda pic in there. I was reading about this the other day actually, pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  25. If that happened to me that would have blown my mind. I think I'm going to put a letter in a bottle with my blog's name today and throw it in the ocean :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Incredibly touching story, hope you find more of these and show them to your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Time-capsule! As a kid I never thought we'd move, but i'm glad I made one and put it in our old backyard just the same.

    No email though, just letters =[

    ReplyDelete
  28. We bloggers understand this story, nice post +1.

    ReplyDelete
  29. AMAZING im going to do that. i would love to see what happens

    ReplyDelete