Thursday, March 03, 2011

Infected Apps on Android´s Market

"More than 50 applications on Google's Android Market have been discovered to be infected with a malware called 'DroidDream' which can compromise personal data by taking over the user's device..." It´s believed that approximately 200,000 Android devices may have become infected yet the number is unknown. The malware can retrieve product ID, model, country, and userID, among other things. In top of that, it has the ability to download more code. Yeah, baby! The malware is also able "to take complete control of a user's decive, and send detailed information such as the phone's IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) and send them to remote servers." Fortunately, Google acted fast and took the apps out of business.

It´s less likely you have any of these apps since they´re not that popular but here are some of them: Falling Down, Super Guitar Solo, Super History Eraser, Super Ringtone Maker, Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls, Falling Ball Dodge, Bowling Time, Advanced Barcode Scanner, Super Bluetooth Transfer, Task Killer Pro, Sexy Girls: Japanese, Sexy Legs, Magic Strobe Light, Super Stopwatch & Timer, Advanced Compass Leveler, Finger Race, Bubble Shoot, Advanced Sound Manager, Magic Hypnotic Spiral, Basketball Shot Now, Omok Five in a Row, Super Sexy Ringtones...among others.
source: guardian.co.uk

http://anax123.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. Well, at least I knew by paranoia was justified. Here's to the two apps of those listed I have, and my phone which I will now return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh R1E4H3 I´m sorry about that......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's a good day not to have an android.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats kinda weird and scary glad its not on me

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is why I'm an iPhone fanboy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. planning on switching from my 3GS to the best android phone in early 2012, hope things dont get worse by then :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. >Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls
    what?... I would never lend my phone with that kind of apps installed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah that's wild. I'm about to get my first smartphone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy, how did passed the qa? or does google approve any submitted app?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me... followed!
    alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. no way! that is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a mad mad world that we all live in. Everyone seems to want to know about everybody.

    ReplyDelete