Friday, March 11, 2011

Comics Covers

I love comics covers! Most of them have great art and indeed are pieces of artwork. Here I have some random covers that are great...
the Red Hulk... impressive

Namor always hot
a female Quasar? brilliant

sublime...
Rawhide Kid, he put the 'y' in gay. Love him.

King Black Bolt, his highness!

Thor showing the frost giants who´s the boss!

dark cover by Jae Lee & June Chung for Dark X-Men #2... awesome
 
The White Queen holding the first mutant born since the 'Decimation'... almost looks like a wicked Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus

hellish... don´t mess with this lady

Thanks to all the cover artists, colorists/inkers, and pencilers that made these pieces of art. Now, tell me about some covers that have impressed you...




EDIT: this is for "stereoheads" and "SKINNYBOX" who asked to see Deadpool... sorry for this are not the best ones but it´s what I have of him...
making fun of Jaws Movie Poster...

alternate cover for Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth #1
http://anax123.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. I have always been a big fan of Thor, and I hope the movie does the character justice. But I love all the artwork displayed here. And I've always had a thing for the "Dark Phoenix"...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-men! I'm the biggest fan xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big comic fan, great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never really got into the story-lines, but have always appreciated the art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not too big of a comic book reader, but I can appreciate the art and effort that goes into creating the cover. Love the first pic of the Hulk btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deadpool is definitely MY fav!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the X-Men Phoenix Endsong

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how insane Phoenix' facial expression is in the last one. Best character ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with stereoheads
    this post is missing some deadpool

    ReplyDelete
  10. you want Deadpool?... I will deliveeeer!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. The two deadpools and the Submariner ones are all fantastic. They are my faves. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great but i like the THOR one the most

    ReplyDelete